Rail Fence Jelly Roll Rug
This video tutorial will release at 2:30PM on SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 18.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
Jelly Roll/2.5" Strips
Pre-cut Batting On-A-Roll
(optional) Jelly Roll Sasher Tool
Heavyweight (jean) needle
1. Wrap your batting on-a-roll with a jelly roll strip by folding ends to the middle, then folding in half lengthwise and sew shut. (A Jelly Roll Sasher Tool helps with this step! Having a few wonder clips handy is also helpful.)
2. Repeat with all other jelly roll strips.
3. Join groups of 10 strips together with a zigzag stitch.
4. Slice groups of strips into blocks and rotate, then join again using a zigzag stitch. (PS - these pieces also make great trivets!)
5. Create your rug layout of choice and finish it off around any raw edges by binding using a jean needle!